Sexual abuse is not a part of the Gardnerian Tradition. It should not be part of anyone’s religious experience. If anyone ever tries to pressure you into sexual activity under the pretense of Wiccan training, run like hell.
I am a Gardnerian initiate with traceable lineage back to Gerald Gardner. I do not speak for all Gardnerians or for the tradition as a whole. That would be impossible as there is no governing body nor hierarchy outside of individual autonomous covens. Nonetheless:
- I recognize that abuses have been perpetrated in the name of religions the world over and ours is no exception.
- I further know that the personal, spiritual, and human value of religion is immeasurable, making harm done in its name even more important to speak out against.
- I also recognize that, as a community, more vocal statements on our beliefs regarding sex, sexuality, and consent are needed.
- I additionally recognize that a lack of openness and transparency on these important matters has allowed abuses to be perpetrated against those earnestly seeking the tradition.
- I affirm that proper teachers of our Craft will never pressure students…
View original post 503 more words